Tuesday 12 June 2007

Sleep Matters



For those of you who suffer from insomnia, real insomnia, who have tried the lavender and chamomile, tried the relaxations techniques, tried the diets, and can lie awake all night after taking enough sedatives to knock out an elephant for a fortnight, and who have a sleep deficit running into years, this machine might be the answer.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1264358,00.html

It seems the device not only produces a good night’s sleep, but can also cram the benefit of eight hours sleep into just two or three.

If the idea of trascranial magnetic stimulation – magnetic signals sent through the scalp and skull into the brain – puts you off trying it, then you don’t, and probably never have really experienced insomnia.

I know I’d give it a go.




~~~~~~~

DESTINATION
When the moment you have been waiting for is torn away...

Jennifer had almost reached him. She reached out with her hand. Their fingers touched. Their eyes locked. Then she was gone.
~
Jennifer slipped an arm around his waist. ‘Let’s get you some help.’ Jensen noted her raised eyebrow as she took in his firmer, fitter physique. He held back a smile.
'I brought something back for you.'


Military-base cleaner Eugene Jensen is in love with physicist Captain Jennifer Stanford. But will she ever notice him? The two excerpts above are from the beginning and end of my short story Destination. Track its progress here as I submit it to online publications, and find out how Jensen gets from A to B.

12/06/07 - Submitted to Aberrant Dreams

3 comments:

Henny said...

Thanks for the tip on the pictures, Kimber. :)

Kimber Li said...

Your welcome, Henny! Great article. I'm usually okay if I keep my caffeine-intake down. Insomnia is soooo miserable. No wonder Stephan King named a novel that!

Henny said...

I know it's one of the most effective ways to interrogate a person. :( Just a couple of nights of zero sleep for me changes almost everything.

I just don't know how people working in the health profession manage it.